"L stands for little": dedicated to every girl who has ever said, "I'm starting Monday"!

Learning to love & take care of the body we have!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CONFESSION! :)

Ok, this is really hard for me to admit...but this is what this blog is all about, being honest with yourself!  Later last night I was stressed, thinking about work and everything else & basically "comforted" myself with these little buggers, however they really didn't comfort me but sure tasted good.  Basically, 2 organic caramel brown rice cakes with natural PB, slices of a small banana and a teaspoon of honey drizzled on top.  I really wasn't hungry, definately didn't need them but wanted something so bad!  I know stress triggers me to eat and I am so going to kick this habit :)  So, time to move on!    

Here's how my day has gone so far....
I always carry my Nalgene with me any where I go.  I've drank about 2 of these already today, not including the water I drink at meals.


Workout 6am:  20 minute HIIT (high intensity interval training) on treadmill
    warm-up 2 mins at 3.8 mph 
    1 min at 6.0 mph, then increase to 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 for a minute each
                    back down to 6.0 and repeat the above until 8 mph
    at minute 12 start at 6.5 and increase by .5 mph every minute until     8.5 mph is reached
    cool-down 1-5 mins at 3.8 (basically, whatever I have time for, today     was 2 minutes)

20 push-ups, 50 crunches on exercise ball with 10 pound weight, side         bends/standing crunch "thingy" with 10 pund weight 15 on each side :)

Here is how my eating has gone so far today!
7:30am 1/3 heaping C. cooked steel cut oats, 1/3 C. whipped cottage cheese, topped with 12 raisins, small baked apple (pop in microwave on bake potato setting) and cinnamon...delish!

9:45am Atkins Peanut Fudge Granola Bar, no I did not eat this because i am following a low-carb plan, I ate it because I think they taste great!  They have 17 g of protein and 0 g of sugar without any sugar alcohols.  I'll take a little extra fat in a bar over sugar alcohols any day ewww!
12pm:  1/2 Ezekiel bun toasted topped with a delicious slice of turkey brown rice meat loaf (got the recipe from the book below)  drizzled with low-sugar ketchup and a side salad of spinach, sliced red bell pepper and cucumbers with a T. Newman's Light Balsamic Vinagrette
I totally took a pic of my afternoon snack which I ate around 3:30 but deleted it from my camera before making sure it down loaded onto my computer :(  I had half a shredded up chicken breast, small Gala apple, 10 cucumber slices dipped in "ranch" yogurt cheese.  The book below gave me the idea to make yogurt cheese which can be created into many things including dips, frosting etc by pouring some low-fat yogurt into a cheese cloth a setting over night.  To make it "ranch" I added a Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix packet to the yogurt cheese and it was great!  I love ranch so much but hate to use the fat-free version because it tastes gross to me with all the sugar they replace the fat with.

This book is awesome!  It has so many great recipes in it!  I love to cook and in the past I felt I could only cook and create on my so called "free day" which turned into a gorge my self day with everything I can't eat for the rest of the week.  I totally associated eating healthy with not being able to cook fun meals.  Well, now I'm learning I can and its so much fun to create new things and not feel deprived.  I highly recommend this book, even my husband loves it! 
I'm heading off to help out with a youth group, but will definately report tonight's eating when I return!  This sure helps keep me accountable for what goes into my mouth :)

1 comment:

Laura Jane said...

Great job on starting your blog! I don't think your banana topped rice cakes were a bad decision. At least you ate something healthy when you were stressed.